About the Author
Hi, I'm Andrew Winder, and I write here about technologies that I encounter in my day-to-day work, as well as comment on interesting news about the industry in general. I also post links to articles & projects that I'm working with or that I find interesting, and that I think others might find interesting too. I might even use this site to talk about my own open-source projects one day, if I can manage to actually drive any to completion!
If any of this sounds interesting, these are the kinds of topics I plan on writing about on this site, so welcome to The Attic! Feel free to reach out to me on GitHub, LinkedIn, or Twitter if you have any questions, suggestions, or feedback.
This site uses the following open-source components, and could not exist without them:
- Twitter Bootstrap, a CSS framework that makes it easy for even a lowly developer like me to turn out something that looks halfway decent.
- Jekyll, a blogging-centric static site generator. This series of HTML pages is organized much nicer behind the scenes, check it out at github.
- Octopress, for deploying this site and other excellent convenience features when working with a Jekyll site.
- Font Awesome, an icon font that I use to provide some small graphics and the social networking icons.
- jQuery, for some of the Twitter Bootstrap built-ins.
- Prism.js, for code highlighting blocks.
- Bebas Neue Font, for the text in the title bar of the site.